Antique Rare N Neale Leighton Buzzard Cross Blue & White Plate C1825
This pearlware plate, was made circa 1825, and bears a label from the Trevor Kentish collection on the base. It bears a retailers mark for N Neale, this was is the mark for Nathaniel Neale, a china and glass dealer on the high street in Leighton Buzzard. It is decorated with a blue transferprint of the Leighton Bussard cross, which is wrongly spelt Bussard. It measures 7 5/8 in diameter.
It is in good condition with just an under the glaze firing flaw to the right of the cross, which has filled with ink, from when it was made, and there is some fine glaze crazing. Please see my other items for more blue and white and add me to your saved sellers. This item is in the category "Pottery, Ceramics & Glass\Decorative Cookware & Tableware\Plates".
The seller is "ilminster" and is located in this country: GB. This item can be shipped worldwide.
- Handmade: Yes
- Production Technique: Pottery
- Colour: Blue
- Style: George IV
- Product Line: transferware
- Material: pottery, pearlware, earthenware, Ceramic
- Type: Dessert Plate
- Features: Commemorative, Date-Lined
- Antique: Yes
- Year Manufactured: 1825
- Vintage: Yes
- Origin: Staffordshire
- Brand: Blue & White Transfer Ware
- Production Style: Blue and White Pottery
- Original/Licensed Reproduction: Original
- Time Period Manufactured: 1800-1849
- Era: Georgian (1714-1837)